INSTRUCTIONS TO ACCESS BLACKBOARD
FIND YOUR USERNAME & PASSWORD:
1) go to http://www.alcorn.edu;
2) click "Online Services" in top right corner;
3) click "Enter Secure Area";
4) sign in with your User ID (click "Look Up your ASU Generated ID" to find your
ASU ID) and PIN (usually your 6 digit date of birth if you have not changed it
5) click "Personal Information";
6) click "View Email Address";
7) note your email address that looks like: email@example.com;
8) your Blackboard username is the first part of your email address that you noted
in step #7 and your password is the same as the PIN you used to sign in to the
secure area in step #4;
9) sign off/exit.
SIGN ON TO BLACKBOARD:
1) go to http://blackboard.alcorn.edu;
2) click "Login";
3) login with the credentials you noted in the previous section in step #8;
4) click the class you want to access.
1) click "Communications" in the left menu/margin;
2) click "Elluminate";
3) click the class/session to attend.
Blackboard is currently not accessible, though CITS and AA are working to get it
up and running.
The university encourages all faculty/staff to use our @alcorn.edu addresses to
communicate with students and to educate/expect students to use their official @mail.alcorn.edu
email address for course and university related communication.